?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Chocolate Chip Cookies, Anyone??




Well, today my house smells like burned toast. 

Not because anyone burned toast, but because my 9 year old son decided to make cookies last night in the microwave.

I can’t get rid of the smell.

When I asked him how long he had set the microwave timer for the cookies he replied...

"One hour.” 

Photobucket


Comments

( 12 comments — Leave a comment )
jadeejf
Aug. 23rd, 2010 09:00 pm (UTC)
Oh no! :( Yuck!
mrsduryee
Aug. 23rd, 2010 10:28 pm (UTC)
oh no!! Did someone tell him an hour? Or did he think the microwave was the oven?

It's sort of funny. Sorry. :/
1carolinabrown
Aug. 23rd, 2010 11:15 pm (UTC)
I agree, it is sort of funny. I didn't tell him one hour. I think he came up with that on his own. And actually, I'm not really sure if he actually set it for an hour! But, it was at least long enough to smoke up the house!!
ba1126
Aug. 24th, 2010 12:04 am (UTC)
If opening the doors and windows and using the fans don't help, you may have the smoke in your fabrics! You may need to wash curtains and bedding, plus cleaning the rugs. Good luck!
1carolinabrown
Aug. 24th, 2010 12:25 am (UTC)
Hoping the fans will be sufficient!
ba1126
Aug. 24th, 2010 11:07 am (UTC)
kids are fun....mostly.
1carolinabrown
Aug. 24th, 2010 12:16 pm (UTC)
...mostly
advoir
Aug. 24th, 2010 04:18 am (UTC)
If you figure out a way to get that burnt smell out of the microwave, please let me know. A week or so ago, my stepson "cooked" dry Ramen. :\
1carolinabrown
Aug. 24th, 2010 10:08 am (UTC)
We Have a Winner!!
HaHaHaHa!! Microwaved dry Ramen noodles beats cookie dough! You Win!!
Going to try baking soda in a dish inside the microwave today to absorb the smell. Just got to make sure no one turns the microwave on while its in there...
advoir
Aug. 24th, 2010 03:55 pm (UTC)
Re: We Have a Winner!!
Hehe. Good luck! Maybe post a sign. ;)
40alatariel
Aug. 25th, 2010 06:34 pm (UTC)
I was going to suggest baking soda, but after you burned cinnamon. It seems counter productive, but it works:

turn a burner on the stove to high, toss a pinch of cinnamon onto the hot burner, and voila! Nice smells again.
1carolinabrown
Aug. 25th, 2010 07:04 pm (UTC)
That's genius! I love the smell of cinnamon!! I'll give it a try.
( 12 comments — Leave a comment )

Profile

1carolinabrown
onecarolinabrown

Latest Month

July 2015
S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Lilia Ahner