?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Room Redo Continued

The next step. Add a "precious memories" box (to store all those things they don't know where to put, but can't part with).  My daughter had been looking and looking for an old trunk. She finally found an affordable one on Craigs list.

Craigs list. Hmm. One hears bad stuff happening there sometimes, so I was a bit cautious .

I contacted the seller. Told him I wanted the trunk, but I didn't feel comfortable coming into his house, so would he meet me out front.

He laughed and said, "You're afraid of me. I'm afraid of you. I'm totally good with meeting you out front."

We met and the rest is history. Looks like it  just came off the stage coach (after  being weathered and jostled for hundreds  and hundreds of miles.)

Comments

( 1 comment — Leave a comment )
ba1126
Aug. 3rd, 2013 03:37 pm (UTC)
That's an awesome trunk! And you are right to be cautious!! 99% of the time, it's okay, but you don't want to take a chance on that 1%!! I'm glad he wasn't insulted by your caution.

It would be interesting to know just how old the trunk is!
( 1 comment — Leave a comment )

Profile

1carolinabrown
onecarolinabrown

Latest Month

July 2015
S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Tags

Page Summary

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Lilia Ahner